Ford ranger 2.5td 2000 - Smoke on a 2000 2.5td ranger - matt22
Hi guys,
My ford ranger has started smoking recently when revved, it's a blue smoke so I know it is oil. Today I've had the pipes from the turbo off,intercooler, pipes to the inlet manifold and they were thick with oil. The intercooler was basically swimming. It's done 100,000 miles could it be the seals in the turbo? Also it is running really rich as when revved it smells rich could it be the injectors need re-calibrating or new ones. How would I also know if the diesel pump has been played with? Because the nut/screw on top looks like it has been moved recently!?
Cheers
Matt
Ford ranger 2.5td 2000 - Smoke on a 2000 2.5td ranger - Peter.N.

You will always find some oil in the intercooler pipes as the crankcase is vented into the air intake, the turbo seals will allow oil in if leaking but at 100,000 miles it should be OK providing the oil has been changed regularly.

The black smoke will in all probability be air starvation, it may be because the intercooler is clogged or it could just be that the air filter needs changing. I the pump has been altered that could also account for black smoke along with improved performance.