Skoda Fabia - Ex Police car - is it worth considering ? - leafydrive

It's 2003 Skoda FAbia 19 tdi comfort 100kmiles used as a unmarked police car uptil 2008 then used by the dealer himself uptil now. Price £1700

Anyone with experience regards former police cars? It drove well enough,, no smoke or funny noises.Any thoughts welcomed as I ain't got a clue what I'm doing. Body had lots of scratches, no rust though.

Skoda Fabia - Ex Police car - is it worth considering ? - countryroads

Police cars are well maintained mechanically as a rule, bodily as you suggest, often not so much, depends what matters. A Fabia will never have been used in a high speed role, however it must have been occasionally driven hard which is no bad thing in itself. If you are happy with proofs of maintenance, cambelts and clutch mainly, and the cars drive and condition now, its no better or worse than any other 100k mile Fabia. Just look at a few before you commit and do some research as to what is around price wise.

Make sure the gearbox is noise free and smooth, they can be a weak spot on these cars.

Edited by countryroads on 04/01/2013 at 14:22

Skoda Fabia - Ex Police car - is it worth considering ? - bathtub tom

That seems a remarkably low mileage for an ex-police car. I'd check it out very thoroughly!

Skoda Fabia - Ex Police car - is it worth considering ? - RT

That seems a remarkably low mileage for an ex-police car. I'd check it out very thoroughly!

4 years use by "the dealer himself" also sounds most unusual.

He used it for two years then his sister had it for two years. The log book verfied this. He said he used to travel up and down the country to look at a cars. But the mileage is low, so I do need to check that.

Thanks guys, it was used a unmarked police car between 2003 - 2004, yes it is low mileage & I will take a look at previous MOT's to confirm mielage - thanks.

I can't seem to figure out what the BHP is, it's either 64bhp or 100. Any idea?

Thanks

Ok, having foraged around the forums it seems a non-pursuit large engine car used on motorways would be a good buy. So, this car was owned by cambridgeshire police, I'm tempted to call them and ask what they use their Fabia 1.9tdi's for !