Scratch repair - davecooper

Just noticed that some kind soul has keyed the side of my car. Don't know where it happened as it is always dark at the moment. Anyway, can't get too excited about it, fact of life I suppose. I imagine plenty of people on here have had similar so I am just interested as to what people tend to do. I imagine it is a respray job, the scratch is quite deep. What sort of money am I looking at to do three panels? Is it worth doing it through insurance? It won't get done for a few months anyway.

Scratch repair - Bobbin Threadbare

Sorry Dave I have no idea about the cost of repair - if they're shallow it can be done with various goos and gunks from Halfords. You have my sympathy - three panels! What a t***!

Scratch repair - davecooper

Sorry, a bit unfair to ask what a repair would cost. Her indoors has pinned the deed down to a trip to Altrincham. Hey Ho, doesn't matter where you go!

Scratch repair - Bobbin Threadbare

Yeah, all those Cheshire Evoque drivers causing trouble....!

Scratch repair - Collos25

Around 200ukps a panel dependant on where you take it.

Scratch repair - tony g
It doesn't always work ,but it's worth a try ,I often use a type of felt tip pen that contains clear lacquer .

Its available from most car spare suppliers for about £5 .

You need to clean the area with thinners before you use it ,just run the pen along the scratch . At £5 it's worth at try .

Scratch repair - BigJohnD

Try Chips Away

They will be able to assess if your scratches require heavy duty work or not.

They did an excellent job for me in similar circumstances - and one of the panels was plastic.

Edited by BigJohnD on 14/12/2012 at 10:24

Scratch repair - skidpan

Try Chips Away

They will be able to assess if your scratches require heavy duty work or not.

They did an excellent job for me in similar circumstances - and one of the panels was plastic.

You are better using a small independant Smart Repair company. Normally one in every large town. Way better than Chips Away since they do the work inside rather than inside a damp tent.