Saab 9-3 Cabrio 2002 - Noise from sensor between heated seat switches - Red_Alert

Hi, I have a 2002 ('52 plate) Saab 9-3 Cabrio with just over 60K miles.

When I switch off the car there is a humming noise coming from the sensor that sits between the switches for the heated seats.

I don't know what this actually does, I was wondering if anybody knew and can I disconnect it or must it be replaced?

Any help even to identify this would be great.

Tim

Saab 9-3 Cabrio 2002 - Noise from sensor between heated seat switches - veryoldbear

Try a Saab forum such as:

www.saabtechtalk.com/forum/index.php

Saab 9-3 Cabrio 2002 - Noise from sensor between heated seat switches - ubergibber
I had a similiar problem. Turned out to be air recirc valve located behind console on passenger side. Mine clicked as it was broken
Saab 9-3 Cabrio 2002 - Noise from sensor between heated seat switches - elekie&a/c doctor

This is the in-car temp sensor aspirator fan. It draws air across a thermistor to signal the climate control.Most cars with a climate system have yhis device .It is probably clogged up with dust and cabin dirt and needs a clean.hth

Saab 9-3 Cabrio 2002 - Noise from sensor between heated seat switches - leaseman

Spot on doc. I silenced one with a few hefty blows (of air, not with a hammer!) and a few liberal squirts of WD40. Saves a dismantling job.