Vauxhall Corsa C - corsa c 1.0l 12v won Start - louisbaines

Hi I'm new to here and really need some advice. I recently bought a 2001 corsa c 1.0 with a blown engine. I bought a new engine for it which was from a late corsa b. I have swapped all the sensors, wiring and ecu over and fit the new engine into the car.

Since then I have been having no end of trouble trying to get it started. The car turns over fine, it's getting fuel and the plugs are sparking although the spark seems quite weak. When turning the engine over the rev counter bounces up and down like it has a mind of its own.

I've fitted a new crank sensor and this changed nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem or has anyone got any thoughts to what ift could be. Cheers

Vauxhall Corsa C - corsa c 1.0l 12v won Start - 1litregolfeater

Have a look at the EGR plumbing, on the B it goes from a drilling/port at the back of the head to the intake, on the C there is a pipe direct from the EGR to the throttle body.

The C normally has a gasket which blocks this redundant port, but fitting an engine from a B, you would have an issue.

You could just block it up at the intake side, blank it off, fit the new gasket, or whatever, but you must stop that leak somehow.

Good Luck!

Vauxhall Corsa C - corsa c 1.0l 12v won Start - louisbaines

I fitted the gasket off the corsa c engine when swapping over the egr valve. Does it need blocking off somewhere else or not?

Vauxhall Corsa C - corsa c 1.0l 12v won Start - 1litregolfeater

I would think so, go out and have a look at it.

I've never had a Corsa B but I do I have a B parts engine and the connections are different. You do know that the EGR valve is a problem. Your best bet is to block it off, while leaving it connected electronically.

So, either buy a blanking gasket for a B off eBay, or make one yourself. You have to keep the water way open.