306 hdi - which scan tool for 306 hdi? - scfc_151

I was hoping someone can recommend a scanner tool that would work well with my 2001 306 hdi? My engine management light has come on again and im getting tired of paying £40 for a diagnosis. All I want to do is be able to reset the codes and then read the 'actual' codes that come back on

Ive seen a lexia 3 mentioned which I think is around £80 a few times but ive also seen an obd2 scanner for £30 on lonelec.co.uk

cheers

306 hdi - which scan tool for 306 hdi? - Peter.N.

The Lexia is more than a simple code reader, it enables you to access read and reset most parts of the car. Mine unfortubately doesn't to work properly although I have used one that does and its very good.

I am sure someone can suggest an alternative.

306 hdi - which scan tool for 306 hdi? - Liliflower

+1 lexia tool is definitely good for Pug

and lexia price is down, you get cheap 46 pound on the aftremarket today

306 hdi - which scan tool for 306 hdi? - Railroad.
As said above, you be better advised to buy a piece of equipment that is specific to Peugeot vehicles if you want to get into that level. Generic EOBD scantools can be purchased for as little as about £12, but they will only give you engine emission data, and the amount of information available varies from one manufacturer to another.

European On Board Diagnostics (EOBD) came into force in Europe for petrols on 1 January 2001, and for diesels on 1 January 2004. Known as OBD II in the USA, it came into force there in 1996.

All vehicle manufacturered since then must be EOBD compliant. The law sets out a minimum amount of information that the car manufacturers must give, but no maximum. Early Peugeot and Citroen models would only allow access to engine rpm information in live data, yet Rover and VAG offered much more.

Engine emission fault codes are standard and the same for all EOBD compliant cars, but manufacturer specific codes are not. This is why different equipment performs differently from one vehicle to another.

I have VCDS for VAG vehicles. It's every bit as good as VAG 5052, and in some ways better. It's definitely worth spending the money for the right tool, especially if you intend sticking with your model make.
306 hdi - which scan tool for 306 hdi? - jc2

EOBD andOBDII are similar but not identical;make sure your purchase is definitely EOBD compliant.