vauxhall corsa sri - maf sensor - stitcher

i have a corsa sri 2005, have been having problems with maf sensor, it started when the car became sluggish or revs went too high, code was po100 for the sensor, had it replaced, new filter, cleaned out air system etc, and although some improvement was noticed it still doesnt pull right, sometimes even leaving me panicking at the junction !! and when trying to keep it at a steady speed it will either surge or pull back, horrid sensation, bit like riding a kangaroo !! it went back to the garage still coming up with sensor code, so tried another new sensor incase the first was faulty, code wiped etc but no change, sent to electrical engineers they ran through all they could think of, kept wiping the code and re running it, but it left them stumped !! now if you unplug the sensor it runs fine, and the only suggestion the garage has is to change the ecu, but i have read that it could be just a simple re earth of the sensor wire, however my garage are reluctant to do this in case they make things worse, but im not happy to pay out for a new ecu if it is just the earth wire, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers

vauxhall corsa sri - maf sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this a genuine Vauxhall or Bosch maf or a cheapo pattern part?

vauxhall corsa sri - maf sensor - able1

Read the thread; Vauxhall Corsa C - Mass Airflow problems 2005 1.2 sxi on this forum in Aug 2010;

Took it in to the local garage first thing where all the vehicles from work are serviced and looked after,explained to Mark the mechanic,who put it through there own diagnostics.He came up with the same code p0100,he then went on autodata and tested all the wiring from the ecu to the maf testing resistance & volts,when idling it should show 1.3 volts,but was only showing 0.6,also at full throttle should of increased to 4.2 v,reading wasnt hardly increasing at all.After lots of other checks on the ecu pins.A new earth feed was run from the maf earth to a new earthing point.Result EML cleared,car is ticking over around a steady 900rpm,and the throttle response is instant,just been on 20mile round trip,and car is transformed,and pulls like a train now,So looks like the fault was down to poor earthing on the maf like the vectra & astra earthing faults when giving a p0100 code.

I believe there is also a tech bulletin and a new connector plus part wiring loom cost £6.