sticking clutch/gearbox 306 Dt (98S) - Sterminator
Anyone

I have recently noticed my 306 (98 S) is taking a lot of effort to put in gear, any gear. Particular force required to get to 2nd (from either 1 or 3) and all areuncomfortably ropey.

Have tried pushing the clutch pedal right into the floor which sometimes helps, and occasionally if I get the stick movement just so, a smoothish change happens. Previously all was very smooth. Any advice that wo't end up in a 300 quid bill gratefully received.

Cheers
Phil
sticking clutch/gearbox 306 Dt (98S) - Dynamic Dave
From what you say, it sounds like the clutch cable needs adjusting.
sticking clutch/gearbox 306 Dt (98S) - Edward
My 98R 306DT has an automatic clutch cable adjuster, so unless it has seized (possible), I don't think it will be that.
Unless the cable has stretched to it's limit, thus the adjuster is at it's max setting.
Guys - thanks for this - Is this something I can adjust or am I best off getting it to a garage to deal with?
Sterminator,

Another thought, are the gears any easier to select when the engine isn't running? Also, what is the height of the clutch pedal in comparison to the brake pedal - are they about the same height, is one a lot higher/lower than the other?
sticking clutch/gearbox 306 Dt (98S) - IanT
I've just posted a reply in your other copy of the same question.

Ian
fine when the engine is off. Clutch pedal typically lower than the others. Me thinks the cable needs sorting out - whether it be loosening/tightening/replacing.