Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - shawsy911

what do you think of the new Ford Fiesta ST guys? Looks like Ford are back to their best, found a great review here www.carhoots.com/blogs/coming-soon/the-new-ford-fi...t

Check it out!

Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - Bobbin Threadbare

The link is broken.

Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - carl233

Still do not understand why Ford have not released a Fiesta RS since the MK3 days. Only 180bhp does not seem allot for a hot hatch it is not more powerfull than what other makers are doing. We need an RS version of around 220bhp,

Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - unthrottled

I think 180hp is plenty in a Fiesta. Horsepower races can (and often do) lead to philistines' cars. By the time you have beefed up the frame and suspension to handle the extra power, you end up with a truncated Focus-and what's the point in that?

Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - carl233

In my humble opinion if the Focus can have an RS version then why not the Fiesta. I am sure the development costs would not be that high considering the amount of common parts Ford use between vehicles anyway. For such a great car it would be nice to have a version with real power, the Fiesta ST150 in the MK6 model ways always under powered when compared to the competition.

Ford Fiesta - The New Ford Fiesta ST - thoughts? - unthrottled

Yes, but the turbo makes all the difference which is not shown by the raw numbers. The n/a 2.0 probably made ~140 lb.ft of torque of torque at 4000 RPM and 150 hp @~6000.

A small turbo engine will have a flat torque curve from less than than 2000 to past 4000. The small turbo will spool faster than a larger one.The turbo engine will be much stronger in the low-mid range than the old 2.0.

Bigger is not always better. Stuffing huge motors in small cars always seems like a great idea, but the end results are usually dogs. That said, I'm sure that the initial offering will be conservatively tuned so that there is room for 'improvement' in the 2014 model!