Peugeot 406 1998 2.0 Estate - Ca - AGhufran
I want to try and save on getting engine oil, oil/air filters and plugs changed. I wanted to find out how I could do that and what tools I would need.

I believe the oil filter is right at the front of the engine behind the radiator and the air filter is to the left side of the engine, however I cannot figure out the way for changing oil. Plus I also could not see where the plugs were and how to get to them.

I would greatly appreciate if I could be advised on the above and tools I would need, as that would save me around £180 every year and change my oil more often without having to spend to much.

Thanks and regards,

Abid Ghufran.
Peugeot 406 1998 2.0 Estate - Ca - Robin the Technician

Hi Abid,

These jobs are fairly easy with a reasonable tool kit. The 406 does have a large plastic engine bay cover theat covers the underside of the sump etc. It has to be removed when you change the oil & filter. You will need a special socket for the sump plug and a good motorist shop will sell you one along with a strap type filter removing tool. A good purchase would be a Haynes manual which will help guide you through these tasks and will be a sound investment for you.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am