mud glorious mud - Silverstone weather - oldroverboy

The picture of grosjean trying to be a 4x4 going off the track is one of the funniest i have seen for a long time. For those who have paid a fortune to go and support F1 i feel sorry, parking in a quagmire, being told to be prepared to walk long distances to be early, to leave late,What a mess up it all is.

mud glorious mud - Silverstone weather - Chris M

My son is there with a mate. They have the three day ticket with camping - £426 for the two of them. That's the basic general admission, standing in the rain (and mud) price. They arrived early Friday morning and didn't have to queue for long, but decided quickly that the tent would stay in its' bag and have slept in the car. Spoke to him today and he is enjoying it!

Silverstone will have upset a lot of people this weekend, but I can't see what else they could have done in readiness other than concrete over a large part of the surrounding countryside. And that ain't going to happen.

mud glorious mud - Silverstone weather - Bromptonaut

My son is there with a mate. They have the three day ticket with camping - £426 for the two of them. That's the basic general admission, standing in the rain (and mud) price. They arrived early Friday morning and didn't have to queue for long, but decided quickly that the tent would stay in its' bag and have slept in the car. Spoke to him today and he is enjoying it!

Silverstone will have upset a lot of people this weekend, but I can't see what else they could have done in readiness other than concrete over a large part of the surrounding countryside. And that ain't going to happen.

Parking on grass is only way for events attracting these sort of numbers. Other examples are airshows and festivals. No more concrete in Northants.

My son was at Download where weather did same and had a great time.

mud glorious mud - Silverstone weather - RT

Silverstone was a WW2 bomber airfield covered in acres of concrete, not just for the runways but for dispersal pans and hangar aprons - did they dig all that up ?

mud glorious mud - Silverstone weather - Chris M

As the track is formed of the old perimeter road I guess most of the old concrete is within the track. Probably issues with letting Johnny Public inside.