3p increase - barney100
Looks like Mr Cameron isn't keen on dropping the 3p a litre tax increase in August. Seems we may have to grin and bear it unlike Vodaphone.
3p increase - jamie745

I doubt Cameron could find his way out of a telephone box, its the Chancellor desperate for the 3p increase, even more so since his plan to wipe out the deficit with caravans and pasties didn't pay off.

They'll come out with one of three arguments;

a) The increase was planned by Labour, all Labour's fault, blame Labour for everything, Labour haven't been in for two years but we cannot change their tax rises.

b) Actually we can change their tax rises! Because we did! We scrapped all their other rises, we only kept this one!

c) Fuel has hit its lowest level for a couple of years so you can afford to pay us more now.

3p increase - Bromptonaut

Bearing in mind the fuel price has fallen by 10p since April it's difficult to make a political or economic case for it not to go ahead.

3p increase - jamie745

Bearing in mind the fuel price has fallen by 10p since April it's difficult to make a political or economic case for it not to go ahead.

What about the fact it was 40p too expensive in the first place? Using April as a guide is folly, it was only so expensive in April because Mr Maude told everybody to hide petrol (and presumably pasties) in their sheds.

Its the same price now as it was about a year ago, and a year ago everybody said it was too expensive so I fail to see what's changed.

Edited by jamie745 on 21/06/2012 at 16:41

3p increase - barney100
What about the fact it was 40p too expensive in the first place? Using April as a guide is folly, it was only so expensive in April because Mr Maude told everybody to hide petrol (and presumably pasties) in their sheds.

Its the same price now as it was about a year ago, and a year ago everybody said it was too expensive so I fail to see what's changed.

Completely agree.
3p increase - jamie745
Hell shall freeze.

We really should stop calling it a 3p increase. In reality its 3.somethingorother which will be rounded up to 4p and then there's vat. In reality its a 5p increase.