Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - pullgees

On a high mileage and old motor is any use bothering to spray the bolts on the job a few days before commencing the work and if so what is freeing agent would you recommend?

I can't imagine how any fluid can creep round a thread of a bolt with a nut and washer very tight and not touched for years, but I'll see what you say.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - woogie

Best stuff Ive ever found is a 50/50 mix of ATF fluid and acetone.It was the only thing that shifted top pinch bolt on Passat tdi stub axle!! Everything else failed even after drilling out most of bolt ,still stuck fast!After one application and a cup of tea it virtually fell out.It was a last resort after researching online for top notch penetrating fluids.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - 1litregolfeater

When I was a lad... Plus Gas used to work wonders but I doubt it's the same formula now, and it's just too expensive.

A mixture of half diesel half petrol does most jobs for me.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - TeeCee

Plus Gas is still the dog's dangly bits.

Quite expensive per tin, but you only need a little squirt on each one, so a tin lasts for donkey's years.

For properly seized nuts, serious heat is the only real answer.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - injection doc

Plus gas !

I remember shearing a wheel stud trying to undo a wheel nut on an old series 2a landy.

I then for an excersie put the wheel stud in the vice and filled the wheel well up with plus gas over the weekend.Monday morning i went to see if i could shift the nut and it turned with my fingers ! that sold me on plus gas.

GT80 was also very good as it had graphite and a creeping agent in it so plenty of soaking and waiting and that would work too.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - GavoTheSane

Another vote for plus gas here. It'll shift the stuff WD40 won't.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - pullgees

Plus Gas it is then. WD40 is more of an all rounder ,(damp excluder, lubricant) but not penetrating rust specific.

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - Beachside

Sorry to sound stupid. By ATF, you mean auto gearbox fluid and nail polish remover?

Most powerful penetrating oil (recommendations) - Hamsafar

ANother vote for Plusgas.

I have also tried those frezzer sprays with penetrating fluid, but my jury's still out on them. www.loctitefreezeandrelease.com