peugeot 205 1.9 GTI - oil pressure - curly69

I've bought a peugeot 205 1.9 gti as a non runner.Before i bought it i knew that the cam belt had snapped a new head fitted.The problem that i have is that there is no oil getting to the head.I've changed the spring and piston in the oil pump but to tell the truth i haven't checked if there is any drive to the pump..if there is drive to the pump what else could be the most likely problem.I've removed the oil pressure sensor from the block and there doesn't seem to be any oil getting up there.Could damage have been done to the bottom end of the block when the cam belt snapped?.Could the head gasket have been fitted wrong?.Any help would be appreciated.

peugeot 205 1.9 GTI - oil pressure - Peter.N.

An incorrectly fitted head gasket was my first thought but if you have no oil at the pressure sensor on the block that obviously isn't the problem. I don't know how the oil pump is driven on the petrol engine, possibly by the cam belt but it seems that its not being driven. You really need a manual for it, I expect Hains do one for not a lot of money.

The nearest manual I have is for a Xantia which may be a similar engine, on that the oil pump is driven by a chain which necessitates removing the sump.

peugeot 205 1.9 GTI - oil pressure - geordielad

Peter's correct, the oil pump is chain driven from the front of the crank. Many moons ago when I worked for a Peugeot dealer broken oil pump chains were not unknown.

Jonathan.

Thanks for the steer in the right direction Jonathan.I don't suppose you have any idea how hard/easy fitting a new chain is and is it a engine out job?..Paul

Thanks Peter for the info,gratefully received.