Possible Immobiliser Problem - Servelan
Can anyone offer some advice. One of our cars is a Kia Sportage which is fitted with an aftermarket Cat2 immobiliser (CEL Protector 10) which was on the car when we got it. Today we have problems starting the vehicle. I can seemingly de-activate the immobiliser and the LED changes from red to green. Try to start, all warning lights come on with ignition, turn to start position and nothing. Battery is good. Once the car starts all is well. Is this likely to be an immobiliser problem or something wrong with the car? Any suggestions where to look will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Servelan.
Possible Immobiliser Problem - Mark (RLBS)
Is the car an automatic gearbox ?
No, the car has a manual gearbox.
Possible Immobiliser Problem - Ian (Cape Town)
was it at home or out somewhere?
If it was away from your house, was it somewhere you often frequent?
It could be radio interference - bank hole-in-walls, ambulance/police/firestation radios, tv and radio booster stations...
worth a check
Sorry for the delay in getting back. It was while we were out, did it again last night but was okay this morning. I am begining to think that it probably is not immobiliser related and possibly either starter motor, starter solenoid or ignition switch. Took the car to the garage this morning to see if they can find the problem. Trouble is that it will probably behave perfectly while they have it. I will let you know if I get anywhere.
Looks like it a fault with the starter motor after all.