MG TC midget - Bobbin Threadbare

I have just seen a red MG TC Midget. What a lovely looking car. The man driving it had a Biggles hat and goggles on. It's a nice day for a drive up here.

MG TC midget - Trilogy

:)

MG TC midget - Paul G1pdc

great looking cars, I remember as a boy seeing one in the James Heriot (vet) series, with James getting one out of a barn and restoring it.....its always stuck in my mind with its huge 19" wire wheels superb.....then in the rest of the tv series he was driving around with his vet bag in the yorkshire countryside,,,,,and of course it never rained....

Paul....

leather flying helmet, and raf jacket,,,,superb image....haha....biggles and ginger off on a mission......hahahah

found the below on wikki....mg tc midget (the td had little 15" steel wheels...yuk!!!)

Exactly 10,000 were produced, from September 1945 (chassis number TC0251) to Nov. 1949 (chassis number TC10252), a larger number than any previous MG model. It cost £527 on the home market in 1947. The engine was a 4-cylinder 1250cc(76.27CID) OHV engine that produced 54hp and got 28mpg [4] . O-60 time was a slow 22.7 seconds

MG TC midget - galileo

I had a drive in one many years ago - a mate had bought it for about £50!

Scuttle shake very noticeable on the traditionally poor surfaces here in the West Riding (as it was then), skill needed to change gears without a crunch, the splines were worn on the hubs so wheels had backlash, but with the sun shining and fairly empty roads it was fun to cruise round in. Proper fixing of it's faults was beyong my mate's means at the time (or mine!) so it got traded in when the next MOT was due.

MG TC midget - Bobbin Threadbare

It seems the owner lives in my road. I might have to ask him about it. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's a replica!! It's been repainted for sure. Still gorgeous.

MG TC midget - Chris M

You may find it's completely original - like Trigger's broom!

MG TC midget - oldroverboy

I can't quite remember the model, but we used to service Richard Burtons post war mg in geneva and his wife in those days had an xjs, and i can remember some splendid "discussions" with my boss on the subject of its reliability. Ps the last Mrs B was a sweetie!

MG TC midget - TeeCee

Probably the best of the T-series cars and certainly the most desirable.

Last time I saw a couple of blokes driving seriously in flying helmets and goggles was on the M1 southbound in Yorkshire. It was at night, peeing with rain, cold, they were doing the thick end of 90 in the outside lane and driving a 1920s "Blower" Bentley(!!)

It was "wipers on double speed" conditions, I'd moved over to the centre lane to let 'em pass and my jaw hit my knees when I saw what it was. I still wonder what the stopping distance of over a ton of car doing that speed, in those conditions, with crossply tyres and drum brakes is......

MG TC midget - madf

I had a pre war MG TB Tickford as a student. It was a heap so I scrapped it - and raised a lot of money (for then)