Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Anthony Oliver
I recently had the engine mangement light appear on the dash, i got the computer and plug it in and it there was 2 faults, the air flow metre and something called, "No RPM signal or sensor" i replaced the air flow metre and the light has gone off, but i still don't know what the other fault is,

I have a problem starting the car from warm after it reaches its desired temperature, it just always cuts out straight away and u have to keep the revs up for a while untill it will run on its own, then it is perfectly ok, i have also cleaned the ISCV and the all the hoses to the manifold and are now free from blockages from oil.

Could this RPM problem be why i have starting problems, i also heard that the problem is linked to the crankshafy sensor or camshaft sensor but i have no idea.

please help

Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Jase
Being a techical loser, I can't help you with your problem.
However, if you try a post on www.cavweb-forums.co.uk, I bet your problem can be solved

Good luck and Merry Christmas

CavV6 and cavWeb fan.
www.cavweb.co.uk
Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Hi Anthony. The No Rpm fault is a spurious fault usually and is software related. Sounds like you have a dicky ISCV. However we have had lots of probs with cam and crank sensors caused by parasitic voltage spikes from the alternator but usually these will trigger the EML and cause driving problems.
Happiness is a T70 at full chat!
Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Gazza
What is ISCV?
Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Dynamic Dave
What is ISCV?

Not sure what the Initialsstand for, but in laymans terms, its the tick over valve.
Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - Dave_TD
Idle Speed Control Valve, duh.
duh.

Charming!! Late night again Dave?
Cavalier SRI MK3 2.0 8V - MikeC
Recently I've had exactly the same problem as Anthony. When restarting the car when hot after leaving it for 5-10mins it will start & run for a couple of secs at 500rpm then stall. It will do this a couple of times. It will then run roughly at about 650rpm (< normal idle) on what sounds like 3 cylinders, after a bit of revving it clears up but its a bit kanagrooy? for a few yards.

The worst case was yesterday when it stalled about 8 times.

My question is where is the ISCV located in the engine and is it a case cleaning the connector plugs or banging it with a stick (my level of DIY skills)?

Thanks.

Mines an 92 8v 2.0 but non-SRi
>> My question is where is the ISCV located in the engine
and is it a case cleaning the connector plugs or banging
it with a stick (my level of DIY skills)?

It's situated at the rear of the injection housing, connected by two rubber hoses. Description, round aluminium cylinder, approx 4" long, by 1½" diameter. Disconnect the electrical plug, undo the two jubilee clamps and remove from car. Flush out with petrol and refit.