citroen C3 1.4i SX - paulbounty
bought new silver C3, nice car to drive but citroen must have run out of paint, brown undercoat in engine compartment and on
underside of bonnet, looks like it has been repaired after an accident, this is what someone would think looking at it.
dealer told me all C3s are like it, do anyone know if this
is correct?.
citroen C3 1.4i SX - Carl
I thought the same when I first bought my Primera

All cars are now painted with system called Clearcoat, the base coat is very flat, just like the undercoat as you describe, it is only the top clear coat of laquacer (?) that gives the paint it's shine
citroen C3 1.4i SX - paulbounty
hi carl,
my car is silver, this undercoat is brown, the boot floor is silver undercoat. I never seen a car being a different colour
under the bonnet.
citroen C3 1.4i SX - Mondaywoe
Hi

I have a C5 - not a C3 - but when my own one was in for a service they gave me a C3 as a courtesy car. Had a peek under the bonnet out of curiosity - yes, it wasn't the same colour as the rest of the car! Looks like they are all the same.

BTW the C5 is same colour throughout, so it seems to be a C3 phenomenon. No doubt a C3 owner will confirm!
Graeme
citroen C3 1.4i SX - jud
It's all about cutting costs, Ford are good at this also, but at lest you're not getting the occasional engine stall?