Renault Clio Dynamique TomTom - Bought new car that wasnt to the spec I had bought - jen1

Does anyone know where I stand, if I have bought a new car that isn't to the spec that I bought?

I was told that it had inbuilt bluetooth which was as stated on the internet for this specific spec. I wanted this spec as it did include this as I do alot of driving. Since purchasing the vehicle I have tryed to connect to the bluetooth from my mobile fone, with no such luck. I spoke to the garage I purchased the vehicle from and they said that the salesman should have told me that a few of these vehicles were built without, due to the floods in Japan and the parts coming from there werent delivered.

If I had been told before I purchased the car, then I wouldnt have had this specific one. As I need bluetooth in my car. Renault UK have offered to fit a parrott kit and said that it was "the top of the range" I have since been on the parrott website and noticed that there are actually 2 other models above the one they were offering to fit. I have since called Renault UK back and said that I am not happy with the kit they were wanting to fit and they said they will look into this and get back to me same day. they eventually got back to me 3 working days later!!

I have paid full wack for my car and not having this has devalued my car.

I have since been told that it makes a difference hat i have finace on my car. Is this true? and how?

Does anyone know where I can go from here?

I havnt a clue!!! Please help me!!

Renault Clio Dynamique TomTom - Bought new car that wasnt to the spec I had bought - bonzo dog

Hi Jen!, you really need to seek qualified legal advice on this one. It is my understanding that the courts have ruled that specification changes are allowed between order & supply & you cannot reject the vehicle as a result.

The exceptions would be where you have order a vehicle specifically because it has particualr feature AND THIS WAS NOTED AT THE TIME or where the vehcile does not perfrom the function for which it was bought as a result of the changes.

Like I said, this is only my understanding.

Good luck

Renault Clio Dynamique TomTom - Bought new car that wasnt to the spec I had bought - Armitage Shanks {p}

You have actually bought a car that was not the spec that you ordered, which is slightly different.. Did you not check the car over before you drove it away? Has it got the right wheels and tryre sizes, does it have a/c or climate control and so on.

As there is a finance company involved, they have an interest in the car, get thm to take it up on your behalf; THEY have not been supplied with the car that they partly financed on your behalf.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 20/10/2011 at 17:49

Renault Clio Dynamique TomTom - Bought new car that wasnt to the spec I had bought - jen1

Hiya, Yes I checked the car over and the salesman even told me when showing controls that it had bluetooth. But as I had bluetooth on my previous car and being a Renault Megane, I said I know how to set it all up, as I did on my Megane and I have set my fathers up on his Laguna.

They want to put a Parrott kit in, but im not sure if this is enough. I feel that Renault have lied to me in previous correspondence and feel that I have not recieved good customer service.

I still need to contact finance company. But im thinking now, this is defo the way to go.

Thank You very much for your help and advice. Most appreciated!!

Jen :-)