Citroen Xsara 1.9TD (1998 R Reg) - Loss of Power - Dave H100

I have recently experienced a permenant loss of power at low speeds and all through the rev range. At higher speed and when have momentum the acceleration feels much better but I can't be completely sure of whether it is still down on previous performance.I have self diagnosed it to be the turbo not kicking in but I am very much the novice so may be completely wrong. I have no loss of fuel economy nor any other signs of smoke other then the usual diesel puffs.

It goes in for a service in a weeks time so hopefully they will advise me then but I want to prepare myself for them telling me some bad news. Please help

Many thanks

Citroen Xsara 1.9TD (1998 R Reg) - Loss of Power - injection doc

I think yours may still have a diesel pump with a boost diaphram on top of the pump. If it has, check the tiny pipe from the diaphram to the inlet maifold. Its a tiny pipe and suffers with perishing or blockage. When the engine is on boost the pressure from the manifold travels down this tiny tube to the diesel pump to move the needle in the pump to increase engine fuelling. If this pipe leaks or comes off they run very flat.

Citroen Xsara 1.9TD (1998 R Reg) - Loss of Power - Peter.N.

I would concur.