GT - GTI - R - Free Leather on Selected Golfs - zango
Could this be because the standard cloth / alcantara sports seats on these models fray like b*****y where the seat belt goes across?

Both sides on my GT started going within a few months from new. However, VW won't replace the seats until the stitching has worn through.

GT - GTI - R - Free Leather on Selected Golfs - zango

The service report says "requires new off side front seat bolster £383.94" ........but not covered under warranty apparently.

The car has done 51K and is 2.5 years old. I reported the frayiing at the first service. The Golf I had as a loan car also had this fault and it was an 11 plate with less than 4K on the clock.

Incredible!

Has anyone else had experience of making a successful claim?

GT - GTI - R - Free Leather on Selected Golfs - bonzo dog

If it is recorded there was fraying at 12 months old, you may have a case, although as per my other post

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warranty/factory/terms

seat covers are only warrantied for 6 months / 6500 miles

Reminds me of a Hyundai I had about 8 years ago. The alloys were just starting to corrode so I reported it at the first service thinking that by the time the car was three years old I'd be able to get a new set.

But NO! ........ bl***y Hyundai are so damn customer friendly that I got a call two weeks after the service to say the replacement set were ready to be fitted!