Focus 1.6 tdci 06 - Focus tdci turbo and dpf problems - welshmale60
Hi there and hello to everyone I've owned this focus for 1 week bought from the auctions 63k but unknown to me blown turbo sourced a recon turbo from eBay and fitted all ok now however on reading forums after forumi am now scared to use the car (paranoid) sorry I didn't mention it's a 06 plate now the guy that fitted the turbo also he flushed the engine for me knows his cars however driving the car home I put my foot down and it blew a pipe from the back of the turbo like a whistling noise coming form the engine so returned to the fitter whom said he has ran a diagnostic check and it's saying that the dpf is blocked or needs replacing heathen replaced the blown off pipe and I drove It home with no problems then took it for a mot passed with flying colours even with the emissions which I thought it would have failed cause of the blocked dpf he said to me the turbo is getting hot cause the dpf is blocked and the air have got to go somewhere that's why the turbo is getting hon and it won't be long it will be blown again I really like this car but can anybody advise me please please thanks in advance sorry about the spelling
Focus 1.6 tdci 06 - Focus tdci turbo and dpf problems - Avant

Moved to Technical, where you should get some help if anyone can make head or tail of this.

No need to apologise for spelling: it's the complete lack of punctuation and paragraphs which make it almost impossible to follow. If you want help, do try and make life easier for people reading this.

Have you tried going for a good long run in the car, using highish revs and see if that clears the DPF?