Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Trilogy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018800/Driver-steered-knees-talking-mobile-sending-text-SECOND-phone.html

The guy quite clearly doesn't give a stuff about laws. I'd have fined him £5000, sentenced him for 2 years and banned him for driving for 5 years. Also, made him re-take his test and go on a course to find out the risks of using a mobile phone, or 2, while driving.

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - unthrottled

Even worse-he has a PVCu front door-ugh!

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Mr Fox

Even worse-he has a PVCu front door-ugh! And a Tigra ! Should be inside whether or not he was on his fone

The Daily Mail helpfully shows us a picture of a Tigra which helps put the story into context. I'm surprised they didn't tell us the value of his house while they were at it!

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - jamie745

Not to mention how much his house has been devalued by asylum seekers.

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - barney100

People like this bloke aree the ones who cause accidents that kill and injure. We are too soft with them. Driving on the roads is a responsibility and if you are not going to drive with your full attention you have no right to be on them. I normally try to see the funny side but there plain isn't one here.

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - bananastand

On the radio it said that he carried on the phone conversation even as Plod was atapping 'pon the window. ROFL

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - injection doc

Seeing his previous driving record and convictions and the fact he wasnt bothered about missing court ! quite frankly no wonder he's unemployed, and he deserves very heavey sentence and fines. Complete waster and low life.

I reckon he will kill someone one day in a road accident and have no remorse ! and just remeber it could be one of you !

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Bobbin Threadbare

The Tigra made me laugh too.

I think I posted a while back about a van driver who was using two mobiles simultaneously and 'driving' with his knees. They nabbed him but he wasn't named and shamed nationally.

Maybe a cumulative fine system should be developed. Instead of a fixed penalty for each individual offence, the court should count how many you already have, and charge/sentence accordingly, like scoring in ten pin bowling.

The funny thing is though we all say 'its people like him who cause accidents' the funny thing is, he didnt crash into anything while doing this or injure anybody. In fact i dont think i have the hand eye co-ordination to use two phones while driving, i mean...how does that even work?!!? Seriously?!

In terms of what to do about it, well anything other than a prison sentance will see him driving a car illegally very soon. Decide amongst yourselves what we should do about that.

Decide amongst yourselves what we should do about that.

Clearly masked vigilantism. Does anyone want their superhero cape ironing as I've got a load to do this aft anyway?

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - ForumNeedsModerating

With 'multi-tasking' abilities like those, I thought he'd have been snapped by F1 ages ago - don't F1 drivers have to do the equivalent of two-hand 'texting' on those steering wheel computer thingys?

If they do then we'd best get some road safety charities onto F1 because Speed Kills.

:)

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Trilogy

When he returns to driving he should be made to drive a Reliant Robin. Being one of the most unsafe cars to be in for an accident should focus his mind. If he hits anything then he's more likely to kill himself, rather than anyone else!

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Sofa Spud

People caught using mobile phones while driving should be banned from driving.

But also I think one should need an official permit to to have a mobile phone account and a condition of that permit whould be that you don't use the mobile while driving. If you do, your permit will be withdrawn and account suspended. A lot of people have become totally dependent and obsessed with their phones, and losing their phone as well as their driving licence would be a bigger deterrent.

That sounds rather statist to me. Careless drivers will always find something to be distracted by. We need less legislatioin, not more.

For the record, I'm far too much of a technophobe to use my phone while driving. However, I've got some pretty awful habits so I'm not taking the line of moral rectitude.

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - Armstrong Sid

On the subject of idiots driving with phones, I've increasingly noticed another brand of moron in connection with the subject

It's right that people shouldn't use the phone when driving, but there are some who behave dangerously by not answering whilst driving.

You've seen 'em; if their phone rings whilst they are driving, they have to stop instantly to answer it. So they stop immediately wherever they are, at the side of the road, just over the brow of a hill, on a blind bend, almost in the middle of a junction, blocking an entire lane in a one-way system.....because they have to answer the phone the millisecond it rings. I've seen as much of this recently, as I have seen the driving texters. It doesn't seem to occur to them that instant parking is just as dangerous.

Sometimes I almost wish they'd answer the phone whilst driving ?!?!

Edited by Armstrong Sid on 19/08/2011 at 13:01

Are they related to the people who see a cash machine (usually next to a junction) and stop right next to it? It's ok, because they've got their hazards on!

Don't go to Cyprus then chaps!! "Oh look...a bakery! I know, I'll just stop here in the middle of the junction and pop in! My hazards are on so it's ok". Repeat for every other type of business. Also they won't stop at traffic lights; they hang on the clutch and creep forward into the junction until blocking it, then wait, then go on green finally. Accompanied by a lot of beeping.

Any - Dangerous driver using 2 phones - davmal

NFN?