Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - dieseldogg

Held in with supersticky stixall sticky stuff, well it ud be better than the present cable ties.

Thoughts please.

If I was to go down this route I might even treat her to another timing belt.

£80.00

Gulp

Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - brum

Ask the MOT tester before taking the test. I'm sure they'll say yes or no.

Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - bathtub tom

A quick perusal doesn't seem to give any cause for a fail: www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm

Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - Pondlife

I put my car in for the MOT a couple of years ago with the window held up with electrical tape, because the window regulator had broken. It passed without any problems. Not even an advisory.

Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - dieseldogg
Bt Tom & pondlife,
thanks, this was indeed the conclusion I had come to.
I do find it a trifle odd with our Government run MOT testing stations being so apparently zealous in ALL other respects.
Hmmmm, so would my cable ties be OK then................ he ponders?
tee hee
Should/could I put der dear ould Galaxy through - her next MOT with a polycarbonate drivers window? - TeeCee

I suppose that in theory they could fail it for unsafe bodywork if they thought it was likely to come loose.

If it were me, I'd remove the thing altogether for the MOT and stick it back in afterwards. There's no requirement to actually have side windows as far as I am aware.