Help!!! Alarm problem!! - laps
We have just bought a Fiesta 1.1 J Reg. We have had it 3 weeks. When we bought it we where not told it had a car alarm. We have been using it all this time without problems BUT this morning the car alarm (which we didnt know we had is sounding!). Does anyone know if there is a way of swiching it off. There is no keyfob button. Would there be a switch somewhere?? HELP!!!
Help!!! Alarm problem!! - smokie
Similar problem on Rover Sterling, I never got to the bottom of it but unlocking then locking the doors would stop it (reset, I suppose, as unlocking disarmed and locking armed it).
Help!!! Alarm problem!! - Mark (RLBS)
Have you tried with the ignition key ?

Try turning it on and off half a dozen times.

Also, can you find a small red-headed button, prob. only 1/4" or so ?
Help!!! Alarm problem!! - laps
Thanks. I will try that. Aparently it is a Piranha alarm (i have found a sticker on the window).
Help!!! Alarm problem!! - Dynamic Dave
Have you recently disconnected/flattened the car battery? Most, if not all alarms auto arm themselves upon reconnection of the battery. Your later post suggests its a Piranha alarm. Unless they've changed the design, it should have come with a remote keyfob.
Do you have any other keys on the key ring that you have no idea what they fit? If so, this could be the key to turn off the alarm when you want to do maintenance on the car. Find the blackbox under the bonnet and look for a keyhole.