nissan qashqai advert on website - concrete

Is anyone else finding this invasive advert a pain? It keeps cutting across the text I am trying to read. Is there any way to be rid of this pest? Help. Concrete.

nissan qashqai advert on website - Bobbin Threadbare

Concrete - see the ongoing thread in the non-motoring section. Alas it's not a pop-up so it can't be killed by blocking pop-ups.

nissan qashqai advert on website - gordonbennet

Yes it's a pita, it must pay well to compensate for those who stop visiting because of it i s'pose.

nissan qashqai advert on website - bathtub tom

I haven't seen this advert! I don't see any.

Firefox - options - options - content - Block pop-up windows

nissan qashqai advert on website - RT

Agreed - it's not difficult to eliminate unwanted pop-ups so I don't understand why they generate so much revenue for forum websites.

nissan qashqai advert on website - Bobbin Threadbare

The Cashcow advert is NOT a pop-up; it's a scrollover or 'hover' ad, embedded in the page, rather than called by the page. I'm pretty tech savvy and have my internet setup such that all 'pop-ups' and unwanted windows are not an issue but it these can still annoy me. This Nissan advert irritates people because it's overly 'sensitive' to where the mouse is on the page; it is an Adobe Flash-based ad. You can disable Flash and that might help. You could also try AdBlock. Safari is also not bad at this, but I prefer Firefox.

Don't what it is technically - but I don't see it!

nissan qashqai advert on website - Armstrong Sid

I've seen it and it annoys me as well.

I've discovered the way to get rid of it. When it is in its "full-out" mode just swipe your mouse over it once. The ad will then go back to normal place and size

nissan qashqai advert on website - JOGON

HJ OUGHTA KNOW BETTER THIS IS A MAJOR P*** OFF. IF EVERYONE JUST CUTS AND PASTES THIS THEY MAY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. FOR ME IT IS ACROSS SCREEN AND I HAVE TO SCROLL ONTO IT TO GET RID OF IT OR PERHAPS THE MONEY IS JUST TOO GOOD? AND MEMBERS DON'T MATTER?

nissan qashqai advert on website - JOGON

HJ OUGHTA KNOW BETTER THIS IS A MAJOR P*** OFF. IF EVERYONE JUST CUTS AND PASTES THIS THEY MAY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. FOR ME IT IS ACROSS SCREEN AND I HAVE TO SCROLL ONTO IT TO GET RID OF IT OR PERHAPS THE MONEY IS JUST TOO GOOD? AND MEMBERS DON'T MATTER?

HJ earns part of his income from it, so I doubt it'll change - I "left" the Back Room a few years back over the same sort of issue - but then I discovered other browsers besides IE.

nissan qashqai advert on website - cilvilservant

I recall posting on this thread which gave a solution on how to utilise the "pop up blocker" on Internet Explorer which prevents these awful pop-ups on our screen.

Have the moderators seriously removed the helpful answers to ensure HJ continues to make money on every "click" of the advert?!

PS Click on "Tools" on the IE menu bar, select "pop up blocker" and switch on. Go to settings and select appropriate blocking levels.

|I have not had the dreaded pop-up adverts on my screen for a few years from doing this.

nissan qashqai advert on website - brum

I thought my post had gone. But its on a different thread covering the same subject.

ANNOYING POP UP - CAMPAIGN TO GET RID OF INTRUSIVE NISSAN CASHCOW AD

So no censorship I think.

Edited by brum on 05/07/2011 at 17:51

nissan qashqai advert on website - madf

It would appear that shouting at pop ups is considered acceptable.

It is not.

Take 5 minutes to search how to block pop ups and how to use Caps Lock.

nissan qashqai advert on website - brum

Take 5 mins to realise that was merely a (non working) link to the other thread obtained by using copy and paste.

Then take another 5 mins to go and find the thread and lecture the OP on that thread and another 5 mins to realise he left the the backroom 3 or 4 days ago.

nissan qashqai advert on website - Avant

"Have the moderators seriously removed the helpful answers to ensure HJ continues to make money on every "click" of the advert?!"

Indeed not: I find them just as annoying as you do. We all accept the necessity oif adverts, but they should be on the sides or on the top of the screen. They shouldn't invade the text, and I've reported this.

nissan qashqai advert on website - cilvilservant

Avant

Good to hear that - sorry if I came across slightly accusatory!