Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - nfa987

Several companies, such as dpfcleaning.co.uk and turnerautomotive.co.uk advertise on their websites that they can offer a more effective, cheaper and more long lasting method of cleaning out choked diesel particulate filters.

Does anyone have any experience of these methods? Are they effective and "safe" for the engine? Does the clear out last longer than the method usually used by main dealers?

I want to keep my diesel car running, but dread the expense of clear outs or replacement of particulate filters!

Any informed comments much appreciated. Thanks

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - jaffa

Have you tried searching the Coupe club forum. If not it will give some good guidance on the hdi. There are plenty of topics on this subject, some covering the complete removal of this filter and gaining some extra bhp. Give it a go

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - unthrottled

Removing the trap isn't easy. There will be no pressure differential across the straight pipe and the ECU will regard this value as implausible. Then you have to rig the sensors to feed false information to the ECU. Then you have to sort out the problem of scheduled active regens which will occur regardless opf backpressure etc. etc. etc. All that for a few HP??

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - injection doc

All the blocked diesel filters i have dealt with so far have always cleaned sucessfully with iether a hot pressure washer. I just remove them and back flush ! never had a problem or one come back clogged again. Sometimes I have to cut the pipe and flush .

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - unthrottled

I'd heard about ther back flush and wondered if it damaged the coating. Interesting nugget of information. How are they connected to the downpipe?

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - dieselnut

When PSA brought out this system in about 2002, their website stated that the filter was to be cleaned by jetwashing. UK dealers didn't wash individule filters but just sent them away to France for cleaning at a central depot & charged the cuctomer circa £250 for an exchange filter. Then of course there was the Eolys to fill, so a big bill for a 50k service.

When I bought a C5 2002 with the 2.2Hdi 3yrs old & with high miles, it was only a few weeks before I got the Unblock Diesel Filter message. The combined cat & particle filter was under the car about 2 feet from the turbo & could be easilly unbolted from the exhaust at both ends. This canister was in 2 halves held by 3 bolts around the centre so that the particle filter & cat could be separated & jet wash the particle filter. I did this on mine, about 2 hours work to save £250, not a bad return. Never had any more problems with the particle filter, but the efficiency of the engine was just dragged down by this filter. Could never get the fuel economy above about 48mpg no matter how it was driven, which was at least 10% less than my previous 13 yr old 2.5 XM. The filter being 2 feet from the manifold obviously didnt help & new designs seem to be very close to the manifold for efficiency (if you can talk about efficiency for a system that is just wasting fuel to heat up soot).

Peugeot 406 Coupe - new methods of cleaning diesel particulate filter? - mickeybo

Definately no need to remove particulate filter for cleaning go into www.tunap.com have used this on a few occasions Check it out Regards Mickeybo