vw passat 1.8 turbo 1998 - problem with front drivers side brake - nickdawson1986

it started with the brake calliper on the front drivers side locking out on me and i only just made it into a car park, i stripped the brake down and couldn't push piston back to put new pads on (new caliper needed), also because i drove it for a couple of miles the front drivers side got very hot and melted the abs sensor wire(actual wires seem undamaged) replaced caliper and pads but now wont pressurise and abs light on on dashboard now, also tried new flexi hose but still nothing, the other 3 brakes still work although wen u brake the pedal down it goes right to the floor before they work, not sure if its master cylinder or something to do with abs, brake fluid pumps through pipes but as soon as i put them on the caliper nothing happens doesnt even pump through bleeding nipple, any ideas or some1 with same problem please help as it will save me a lot of money putting the car in the garage or doing unnecassary diagnostics, thanks

vw passat 1.8 turbo 1998 - problem with front drivers side brake - Peter D

You will have boiled the fluid in the callipar and when you had the calliper off you have allowed the fluid to drain and is now full of air. You need a pressure bleeder attached to the MC reservoir to force the fluid through. You may have bleed all four callipers. Regards Peter