MK3 Mondeo TDCI 115 - Misfire on start up - Fekin

Hi.My 03 Mondeo TDCI 115 has started to missfire and run very rough when starting from cold. Upon starting which it does fine on the first turn of the key, the battery light stays on for a second or so, while this is lit the engine will not respond to the accelerator what so ever. Once the battery light goes off after a few seconds the car can be reved normally, but it's missfiring and juddering. If I try and hold the revs at say 2000rpm it will be like choking up on it's self, the revs will be stuttering and dropping up and down and I'll get white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Once the cars been running for a few minutes it starts to clear it's self up, and once it's running normal after around 5 mins or so, it's fine, up until the cars left to go fully cold again.The car does not put out smoke if just left to idle, or reved lightly, just if i try and keep it at a certain rev range. Thanks

MK3 Mondeo TDCI 115 - Misfire on start up - HSVAndyuk

Hi

My Mondeo does almost the same,

Start engine bat light and engine light says on and it kicks out blue smoke for about 5 to 10 secs the the bat and engine check lights go out and the car run fine.

Did you find out what was making your car do the same.

Thanks for and info

Andy

MK3 Mondeo TDCI 115 - Misfire on start up - MikeTorque

Have you checked the glow plugs are working ok ?

A contaminated Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is notorious for causing lack of power, poor running & poor fuel economy on a Mondeo TDCi, also Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system sooted/gunked up.

Clean the EGR and if the MAF hasn't been changed for yonks then it's well worth changing.