Lorry - Honest LGV Training companies UK - honestlgv

I've looked all over the internet for decent LGV training companies, I've read many bad reviews on certain LGV training companies.

My advice to people who are looking to become a lorry driver, please be very careful as some of the bad reviews seem to be written by the dodgy companies out there to make the good companies look bad and therefore steal their genuine customers.

I myself used Highway LGV and I'm really happy with the help I've recieved and im confident that I will get the service I have paid for.

Edited by Avant on 28/04/2011 at 00:46

Lorry - Honest LGV Training companies UK - FP

And do you have any other connection with this organisation?

Lorry - Honest LGV Training companies UK - Avant

He hasn't answered so I've removed the link. No free advertising on here please.

Lorry - Honest LGV Training companies UK - pda

You did quite right to remove that link Avant...I'm sure you'll get my drift:)

For the record, and with words chosen carefully, there are many HGV Training schools out there who claim to guarantee you employment on completion of your training, and to have branches all over the country.

I have had numerous complaints from Trainees who have taken up these offers and have never yet found one who has had any employment offered.

These firms are usually 'brokers' who own nothing more than a rented office and a phone line and then sub contract the bookings out to smaller firms, taking a commission payment out of the grossly inflated fee already paid by the trainee.

The advice of the Professional Drivers Association is to ring around your local area and talk to all the smaller, excellent training firms there are.

Short list two or three, and then go and visit them for an assessment drive to see that you get on with the instructor and that the vehicles are in good condition.

Then, and only then, part with the fee which will be less than the 'nationwide' firms will want from you.

As an added precaution always pay with a CREDIT card, and not with a debit card;)

Hope it's OK to post this as it's a big problem, and getting worse.

Pat

Edited by pda on 28/04/2011 at 07:37

Lorry - Honest LGV Training companies UK - Avant

The above advice is from an experienced HGV driver and well worth following.

Thank you so much, Pat.