Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet - Engine Fault 1 - nicki1978

Hi Guys,

I did post this on the Technical Matters forum, but was hoping someone may have some advice with regards to whether my sister should have to pay her local garage again for what appears to be the same fault:

My sisters car went into Limp mode last week and took it to her local garage to get it put plugged in to find problem.

They kept the car a week and £200 later they said they'd fixed it, her bill simply charges her £100 labour, £40 for putting on computer & £60 for some spark plugs. When she picked her car up from the garage they commented that she'd had a new coil pack fitted. She said that she had because that went last year and caused the spark plugs to not work and so she'd had a new coil pack and new spark plugs last year.

She's had her car back for a week from her local garage and it's gone back into limp mode saying checking engine.

She's worried that if she takes it back to her local garage she'll have an argument on her hands as she feels she shouldn't be charged again as they haven't fixed the fault, but mearly done a quick fix. As it appears that the spark plugs failing has something to do with something else causing them to fail.

Can anyone advice of either what they think the fault could be or whether she should / shouldn't be paying her garage again for the same thing.

Many thanks. Nic x

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet - Engine Fault 1 - LucyBC

It's called an "unresolved fault" problem. They can charge for their time and any parts fitted. Normally if the fault is not resolved then the second repair is done at a reduced charge.

She needs to negotiate.