Tyre fitter problems - CM
I recently had 4 new tyres fitted and have had a bad experience:

- all tyres had the wrong air pessure by +/- 20%
- all tyres were unbalanced (having paid for it) by up to 50 grammes, which is worse than if they hadn't touched the tyre in the first place
- 1 buckled wheel

Now I am realistic about things and except that I had an idiot doing the job. I went to talk to the owner (to let him know what a bad job his workers had done) who refused to talk about anything else apart from how it would have been impossible to buckle the wheel. I said I know that but it was a coincidence that the buckle apears exactly where the old lead was.

Now, I have 2 questions:

(1) Is there any chance that HJ can get a register of BAD garages?

(2) Can an alloy wheel have a buckle taken out?

Also would thank KWIK-FIT (yes I did say KWIK-FIT) in Bangor for sorting everything out on Sunday morning.
Tyre fitter problems - Mike H
Question 1 is probably not practical - naming names would open up the site to legal action (Mark, as the moderator, recently had to tone down a post, and will continue to do so if any litigious comments are made).

Question 2 is easy - the answer is yes. I had a Saab 9000 with a buckle on the inner edge & I had it professionally repaired - cost me £30 but this was over 5 years ago. Try a decent tyre dealer & they will probably have contacts - or do a web search.