2001 LUPO GTI - Major Airbag "fault" - sony

The car was bought from a small dealership (not a VW one), the car had the Airbag light constantly on when I bought it. The dealership said that the car would be fixed asap and if it turns out that the fix is too expensive a refund will be given and the dealer will auction the car instead.

The car was allegedly fixed by the dealers auto electrician, BUT.. after repair the light wasn't on at all, the airbag light should appear and disappear when the ignition is switched on, now it doesn't.

To me, it looked like the light had been disabled as it's strange that the light was constantly on, now it's been 'fixed' the light is nowhere to be seen. That screams dodgy repair to me.

These years of cars, VW used a weak airbag module which is known to burn out when scanned with VAGCOM meaning I didn't want to scan it.

Now, by this point I had explained my concern to the dealership stating that the airbag light should come on and off when the car is first turned on. So the dealership said he will take another look, and once again if the fix is too expensive he will refund me and the car will go to auction.

Way I saw it I had a few options to take:

*Take the risk and scan the car as it appears the Airbag is already faulty.
*Take it to a professional place such as VW to get the fault diagnosed (if there was a fault) and then complain to the the dealer about a dodgy repair (if there is one).
*Get a full refund and return the car
*Negotiate with the dealer for a partial refund to get the problem fixed elsewhere - if there was an issue

Someone I have known for a little while on a forum suggested I got the refund and he has parts to fix things as he is breaking the same car. Trouble is- he since hasn't logged on for 2 weeks and I need this fixing soon.

I took it to a supposed trusted auto electrician who diagnosed the module at fault.

I got a partial refund but am now stuck with the problem. What is the problem??

2001 LUPO GTI - Major Airbag "fault" - Collos25

The problem is that you have not insisted that the seller repairs the car or gives you your money back.

2001 LUPO GTI - Major Airbag "fault" - sony

I've heard this once or twice. It's really not helpful.