Renault Espace - stop start button - winniewoo

I recently got an espace 1.9d 2003 in January. It has a stop start button in it. All was fine until the other day when it wouldn't start. The only way it would start is with my foot on the brake.

I have never had to do this in the last 2 months I've had the car but now this is the only way it starts.

Is this a sign of some going wrong?! any advice gratefull received!

Renault Espace - stop start button - Collos25

I believe that you must touch the brake pedal to start the Espace it has the same system as the Laguna and if I remember correctly it prompts you to press the brake pedal.

Renault Espace - stop start button - winniewoo

I believe that you must touch the brake pedal to start the Espace it has the same system as the Laguna and if I remember correctly it prompts you to press the brake pedal.

Thanks very much for that. I'll have to check if the car prompts me although this doesn't ring any bells. I'll check next time I'm in it. I now have to put my foot on the brake to get the button to work but never needed to up until a couple of days ago.

Prior to this I just used to hop in the car, put the key card in a press the button. I was just bit worried why its changed?!

Renault Espace - stop start button - Fernando P

I suggest that you get the "card reader" ( the device that you insert the key card into) checked out as it may well have gone wrong. Is the battery good in your key card BTW?