Land Rover Discovery II - Repair Problems - Mogwyth

Long story short.

Sept '10- Overheating problems.

Diagnosed with block problems prognosis new block.

On stripping down head gasket was found to be faulty, worked stopped at the point and gasket was replaced.

Problems not solved

Returned to garage new engine fitted.

Motor was returned end of October in time for our holiday we did 1100 miles or so during the holiday no problem and the car was returned to the garage for first service and the LPG setting up (engine supplier had advised not to use LPG for the first 1000 miles). It run fine for another 200 miles and then started running rough and mpg dropped by nearly half.

From the middle of November till the end of January the car went back and forth to garage trying to solve the problem, which at that point they decided was the ECU, this was sent off for repair.

On the 16th of February the ECU repair company told the garage it was a complex repair and could be up to a week before we get it back, on the 22nd they said it wouldn't be this week. This week despite asking what's going I have had no feedback at all, I have told the garage I need the car back by the end of next week but have no confidence in them doing so.

This has cost me the best part of £6000 and I am rapidly loosing my patience, why do I stand legally.

Land Rover Discovery II - Repair Problems - injection doc

theres nothing too complex about a disco 11, I guess its a V8 model ?

It sounds rather that they have made the wrong diagnosis and are stalling for time. ECU repairs are normally rapid turn around or exchange.

ECU failure is common on the V8 but so are inlet manifold problems after head gasket replacement if not done properly. They are corrrect to advise not to run on LPG after new head gasket, the trouble with LPG conversions is they run very hot and do weaken head gaskets on the rear cylinders on the V8 model.