DTM ? - borasport20
poring through websites and magazines looking for some parts, I keep seeing exhaust pipes described as 'DTM' - what does it mean ?

I have to grow old - but I don't have to grow up
DTM ? - PhilDews
I was under the impression that it means the twin tailpipes as used on the Touring Cars motor racing in Germany. I am probably wrong, as usual...
DTM ? - Alfafan {P}
Sorry, don't have an answer to this. But as we're on the subject of acronyms, what does IIRC mean please?
DTM ? - wowbagger
It means "if I remember correctly" AFAIK ;-)
DTM ? - Dave_TD
Or "if i recall correctly" hth ;-p
DTM ? - Mark (RLBS)
FWIW, "if I recall correctly" is more usual.
DTM ? - Alfafan {P}
Thanks Wowbagger
DTM ? - borasport20
What is it that gave you that impression Phil ?

(I believe touring car racing in germany is organised by Deutsche Touringwagen Masters - DTM, but i can't see how it would come to identify an exhaust pipe design.)

checked that coolant yet ?

DTM ? - BrianW
Whilst I don't know, it may mean "Dynamically Tuned M.........", meaning that the return shock wave from the outlet end reduces the pressure at the manifold at the time that the exhaust valve is open.
Certainly, two-stroke engines are very sensitive to exhaust dynamics.
DTM ? - Dave_TD
The abbreviation DTM refers to the German Touring Car series, any tuning/modifying parts that mimic the touring car style will attract the "DTM" tag to more easily separate the becapped from their hard-earned...
"DTM-style mirrors", "DTM twin oval tailpipe", "DTM bodykit" etc
Here's a DTM exhaust:

www.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/Walrus11019045AM.jpg

and some silly VWs with DTM exhausts and DTM mirrors (and a VR6 engine in each end, a la Twini Mini!):

www.dubsport.com/projects.asp
DTM ? - Dave_TD
Brian - isn't that technique badged as "Tuned Port" on some yank V8s?
DTM ? - Mark (RLBS)
shouldn't you be taxi_drivering and not hanging around in here at this time of night ?
DTM ? - Dave_TD
I've been taxi_drivering since 8.00 this morning! I had enough when it hit the lull between pubs and clubs, couldn't be bothered to stay out another couple of hours to wait for more aggro...
DTM ? - Ian Cook
shouldn't you be taxi_drivering and not hanging around in here at
this time of night ?

>>

...and presumably, Mark, you just happened to be up and about tending to your little daughter's needs (sorry, I don't remember her name) - and couldn't resist looking in the backroom to see who was prowling about.

Five minutes past three this morning - I thought I heard a lorry ticking over in the street, but it was only SWMBO snoring.
;o)

Ian Cook
DTM ? - borasport20
Dave_t_d - that makes sense to me now - its just a general 'DTM = go faster image = cost more' type thing.

Well, you lear something new every day. Never did find anybody who could supply me with a new set of Ht leads though.