Volvo V70 On Board Diagnostics (OBD) - Darren
I notice my '98 V70 has an OBD connector in the centre console , does anybody know if there are any tools available in the UK that can make use of this connector or is this a dealer only diagnostics port.
Volvo V70 On Board Diagnostics (OBD) - zedzedeleven
I was mooching around in halfords today and i saw several gizmos that were for plugging into obd`s , it seemed that each one was for a different application , cost about a hundred quid each . made by gunson so a trip to their website should provide more information . I must say i was surprised to see these tools , as I know that our local garage does not carry the software for every car , too expensive .

Volvo V70 On Board Diagnostics (OBD) - Crombster
Most of the Halfords ones are a waste of money. Most Vauxhalls for instance have a connector under the dash and if you short two pins with a paper clip it will flash out the fault codes using the ECU light on the dash. By recording the number of flashes you can cross reference this with the list of fault codes. The Halfords devices just relocates the flashing dash light to the hand held unit and leave you to do the cross referencing.

I'm not sure if other manufacturers offer this facility, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Not exactly worth the £100...
Volvo V70 On Board Diagnostics (OBD) - Simon Templar

There are a number that operate via a Palm pilot for post 96 M-B OBD2 fault codes.It is necessary to purchase the cable & software which seems to be circa 120 pounds.Forum users suggest that there are the Good,Bad & ugly in terms of utilisation & reliability. I have no knowledge of UK manufacturers.
Simon T.