Renault Kangoo Van - Renault kangoo overheating - phil16681

Hi Guys,

My kangoo 1.9 d 2001 started overheating and low oil pressure light came on took to garage they said head gasket gone but may need new wngine due to oil pressure light on cost = fortune. Friend of friend took van stripped engine down said engine fine except head gasket, got head skimmed and rebuilt engine but still overheating so says i need new engine. He did say there was a small crack in head but that won't cause problems

Any ideas before i buy new engine

Cheers

Phil

Edited by phil16681 on 07/01/2011 at 09:53

Renault Kangoo Van - Renault kangoo overheating - Peter.N.

Its highly unlikely that any engine fault will cause overheating, a leaking head gasket or cracked head will indirectly but only because it ejects the coolant .

Presumably you have ascertained that it is actually overheating and that its not just indicating excessive temperature. If its not loosing coolant it will likely be caused by a failed thermostat or water pump, or a blocked radiator.

Renault Kangoo Van - Renault kangoo overheating - phil16681

Thanks for reply

Pretty sure it's overheating temp warning light on no water leak but pressurised hoses cold fan not cutting in heater in cab not working

i thought it was a bit excessive to need complete engine will speak the the guy and get him to check/replace suggested items

cheers

Phil