Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - rayleck

Have been looking around at SUV type cars and thougth the Juke looked weird but wonderful.Started to look at the specs/prices and noticed there was no alarm fitted.

Emailed Nissan UK to confirm wether an an alarm system was fitted as standard and the reply was'No'.

Seems strange a British built car being produced without this piece of kit or are alarms considered redundant now adays?.

Anyway the Juke is off my to buy list now.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Collos25

Does it not have a Thatcham approved anti theft device.

Does it not have a Thatcham approved anti theft device.

If you mean does it have an imobiliser yes,but what to what standard I do not know.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - jc2

It is a legal requiremen to have an immobilizer on all new cars;but an alarm is not required.Many manufacturers only fit them with the higher levels of trim.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Armstrong Sid

Is an alarm much use anyway? Who pays any attention to them? How often do you hear car alarms going off in the street.....and how often does anybody even look at where the noise is coming from. When was the last time a car theft was prevented by the alarm going off? If somebody is going to knick your car, they won't be worried by a loud noise for a few minutes while they work on it

An immobiliser is more effective at keeping your car out of the wrong hands; and if you're really keen you could add a tracker or similar.

Is an alarm much use anyway? Who pays any attention to them? How often do you hear car alarms going off in the street.....and how often does anybody even look at where the noise is coming from. When was the last time a car theft was prevented by the alarm going off? If somebody is going to knick your car, they won't be worried by a loud noise for a few minutes while they work on it

An immobiliser is more effective at keeping your car out of the wrong hands; and if you're really keen you could add a tracker or similar.

Fair comment,but if a thief went into a car park there are 10 cars 9 have an alarm and 1 car does not guess which car is going to get broken into?.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Collos25

Alarm or no alarm it will not stop a thief a brick through the window and away.If they want to steal your car with the amount of electronic devices available to thieves these days you might as well leave the car open.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - turbo11

Is an alarm much use anyway? Who pays any attention to them? How often do you hear car alarms going off in the street.....and how often does anybody even look at where the noise is coming from. When was the last time a car theft was prevented by the alarm going off? If somebody is going to knick your car, they won't be worried by a loud noise for a few minutes while they work on it-

In the peaceful rural village where I live, any alarm going off is going to get everybody's attention. As a light sleeper, even foxes and badgers in my garden can wake me up. An alarm going off in my road would need a thief to run very quickly if they are to avoid serious harm.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Dutchie

I wouldt bother either with a car alarm and in your peacefull village the likelyhood of a car broken into or stolen is problaby small.

In the big citys if a alarm goes of not many people take any notice and not many people will get involved in a punch up for the sake of a car.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Sofa Spud

The Nissan Juke doesn't need an alarm as it has been styled to deter car thieves.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Dutchie

The name isn't very clever either Nissan Junk comes to mind.

No offence intented.

Nissan Juke - Lack of Alarm System - Sofa Spud

Or 'Joke' - a styling joke. No offence intended.