Toyota Hiace 2.4D - Toyota Hiace temperature gauge problem, help! - louislouis

Dear All, sorry if this posted in the wrong place I'm a bit new to this forum but can someone offer advice, would really appreciate it - my 99 Hiace 2.4D van temperature gauge stopped working, it was gradual over a few weeks, not rising too high to nothing at all. It runs fine and other gauges good so not the fuse. I changed the temperature sensor transmitter for a new one, still the same, gauge not working. I earthed the lead to the sensor briefly to check the wiring and gauge, dial flew to the top so I know the wiring and gauge is okay. Bit perplexed now. I have noticed the heating is a bit crap, never gets really hot, just luke warm - would the next step be to change the thermostat and/or coolant and squeeze tubes etc when re-filling in case of airlocks?
Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
louis

Toyota Hiace 2.4D - Toyota Hiace temperature gauge problem, help! - bathtub tom

>>the heating is a bit crap, never gets really hot, just luke warm - would the next step be to change the thermostat

Sounds logical. I put a bit of coolant from the radiator into a yoghurt pot and drop it in the freezer about this time of year. If it doesn't freeze at -20, then it's good enough for me.

Toyota Hiace 2.4D - Toyota Hiace temperature gauge problem, help! - Peter D

Time for a new thermostat and fresh coolant. Regards Peter