Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - truvue

Our renault megane hatch has done 13,000 miles in just under 3 years. There is a howling noise from the gearbox when the car moves off, especially on an incline.

The warranty expires 23.10.10. The local renault agent has diagnosed that it is a "squawking clutch" and that it won't let us down. It is caused by doing too few miles. I realised that there was an upper limit to the warranty but not a lower one. The dealer has not looked inside the gearbox and I recently received a text on my mobile from Renault to say that everything is OK with our Megane. I have emailed Renault twice to ask "If they haven't done anything to rectify the problem how can it be OK? They have declined to answer my emails.

The dealer's remedy was to take the car for a 20 mile spin and keep slipping/riding the clutch. As soon as it was returned and it went up an incline the gearbox howled again. The dealer's offer to me was that if I was willing to pay for the gearbox removal (approx £800) they would examine it but not on the warranty.

Is there any way that I can insist that they rectify the problem under the warranty?

Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - Collos25

They are correct in what they say it will not let you down it is a noisy clutch release bearing but its under gaurantee and as such it should be put right.Another reason for never buying a Renault.

Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - Peter D

Urgent letter to UK HQ and the dealership. Not email or text, a letter to both by special delivery. Regards Peter

Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - gordonbennet

.Another reason for never buying a Renault.

Can't argue with that.

Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - Railroad.

.Another reason for never buying a Renault.

Can't argue with that.

Or anything else French for that matter.....

Renault Megane II - Denied Warranty - Dutchie

Or japanese german italian chinese and don't forget the hottentots.