rather not (yet) - warrenty on new car with bodged towbar wiring - dieseldogg

So we bought an absolutly new car from a francished dealer, took del late pm yesterday, discover that the towbar electrics are a bodge this morning, def NOt to manufacturers standards. we ar takling to the dealer but what would an acceptable sol be?

I was enquiring about the factory fit towbar electrics and was assured by the dealer that there was no need........they used a good local independent fitter.

Since we only wrote the one cheque to the dealer I am at least only having to negeoiate with one party.

cheers(not really)

M

rather not (yet) - warrenty on new car with bodged towbar wiring - LucyBC
They will fix it if you tell them. If not come back to me.
rather not (yet) - warrenty on new car with bodged towbar wiring - daveyK_UK

surely they must repair it?

That is indeed the conondrum. A Canbus system is fitted (as far as I understand) so I was wishing the proper approved manufacturers wiring kit.......and asked about it....being prepared to pay for it Ex factory. But was assured that it was not needed.

Instead the fitter has simply spliced into the loom, OK there is a relay box fitted, (so i was told, and I have found it ) but with a wire hanging out of it ....i.e. not connected at all, plus the joints are simply wrapped with silver tape, and very untidly too.

I would accept that Witter or whoever will make an electrical kit that should satisfy the manufacturer, I would need to know how this kit SHOULD be wired in, I suppose I can ask the fitter for the document laying down the CORRECT fitting procedure, I suspect that regardless of how the wires are spliced/electrically joined, that surely the join should be sealed with heat shrink tape or similar.

Erm

bumpitdy bump

Any care to comment on the Kosher way to retro wire a towbar.

I understand that Westfalia make a kit that "plugs & plays", specifically for the Octavia

Cheers

M

Boing!

Sorted I hope, I phoned Skoda UK & talked to a very decent bloke who said as one would expect.........you need to sort this out with the dealer........................but I tink maybe there was a wee Ph call I knew nowt about.

So I went there this afternoon having checked that the person i needed to talk to would be there ( he was not yesterday)

Despite some initial procrastination I am to get the Skoda approved Westfalia kit ( & paying for the extra cost of the kit) but not the fitting, the dealer standing the workshop & other charges, a "fair" deal all round.

Fingers crossed to the end of the week.

I was prepared ( but did not mention) to leave the Car parked outside the dealers, and give them the keys.

So all in all I's is now a Happy Skoda Driver

PS

62mpg at ave 42mph over 116 miles mixed driving incl through villages, & say the computer is 5% optimistic?