Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Fairykins

Hi ,

I really need some help and advice I'm on my 5th day of losing sleep over my car, I only bought it 28/08/10 one day after buying it my DPF light came on :(, bank holiday monday I took if for a oil change hoping it was just some diesel in the oil but no, its now at the mazda dealer and guess what it needs a new DPF but luckily it had a replacement DPF august 2009 and lots of other things but the paperwork is in Italian from a mazda dealer there, going by the very very little italian i know and the cost of all the work which was €3360 its safe to say it had a replacement! mazda agree with this and will cover the charges for parts and labour wahoooo :), HOWEVER mazda think that seeing as the car has only done 20k since the last new DPF they think its a problem with injectors which cost about £600+ each and there are 4 of them little b*****s!!

Has anyone had a similar experience with having to replace the injectors??

Can anyone tell me if mazda are just trying to get some money out of me because they are doing the dpf for free?

I need help people this is my first new car in 10 years and I spent everything I had on it i thought it was a good car and after seeing how much the fella spent on it last year I Thought its issues were over.

I checked my consumer rights and because I bought from a registered trader if the injectors are at fault they have to pay but if the injectors are just worn i don't have a leg to stand on, i'm guessing its the latter :(

thank you in advance for any help x

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Med

Hi,

Not a suprise another one having the problems. Come onto www.mazda-campaign.co.uk , check out the forum and/or email us: contact@mazda-campaign.co.uk

Many of us on there have had bad dealings with Mazda and hopefully we can help you fight.

Mehdi - Admin
www.mazda-campaign.co.uk

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Fairykins

I have tried to join via the website but having problems at the minute ,

MAzda now saying its a pcm problem at a cost of £2000 does any please know if a company that repairs pcm's ??

I'm close to tears on this if i could afford too i would scrap the car its 4 years old and useless ! :(

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - mazdaowner
I had similar problem with my mazda and £2200 out of pocket, and after three weeks dpf back.Finaly www.remap24.co.uk agent in Liverpool resolved problem for good :)
Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Nigel T

Following an oil change, the PDF warning comes on within 1,000 miles, this will happen if you have had someone else than a Mazda dealer complete a routine oil change who doesn't have the electronics required to reset the PDF warning in the car! So you need to get a Mazda Main dealer to reset this every time you change your oll.

Restrictive practice- why buy a Mazda?

The best oil to use is Comma Ecolife 5W/30 which meets ACEA C1 including the key low ash formula. I bought 5 ltires for £17.64p plus VAT from SES Autoparts www.sesautoparts.co.uk

To resolve the flashing PDF light invovolved a trip to Mazda at Bognor Regis and cost £135 for an oil filter and oil change plus reset PDF.

The Mazda semi-synthetice oil was £9.50p a litre please compare with Comma fully synthetic above.

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Dannybee
I had similar problem with my mazda and £2200 out of pocket, and after three weeks dpf back.Finaly www.remap24.co.uk agent in Liverpool resolved problem for good :)

Hi Mazda owner.

I have just fitted a new DPF and diff pressure sensor at cost of £800 (non mazda bits - they wanted £2500 for the DPF alone!!!!) and after 40 miles, engine management light is on and DPF light flashing + limp mode after 2 mins of driving. DPF light disappears every time car is re-started and full power returns but comes back flashing after 2 mins of driving each time and goes into limp mode again.

My question is this - I kept my old DPF filter and knocked the inners out of it so it is esentially free flow. I am seriously tempted to re-fit this one to the car and go for a re-map. Has your experience with "remap24" been a good one? How much did it cost? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

DB

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - horv

having bought a mazda 6 2.0 diesel 143 at auction it was in limp mode and someone sneakily turned warning lights off, i researched this issue deeply and visited the previous service garage, as buying an original dpf and two sensors was an option, so opted for the dpf removal at £600, they removed the dpf only to find that the software could not be done because car now saying it wants a pressure sensor of some kind and the only way forward was a dpf emulator. Apparently dpf program can only be removed if everything is working ok as it should, if this was the case you wouldnt be going to a garage.Emulators are a bit limited but contacted remap24 who said all problems would be fixed and car would run great, i felt an answer had appeared as the remap24 website said it was all plug and play. Chap turned up next day, said car be fine in 20 mins, he chopped 4 connectors off, wired in his emulator, wedged the box inbetween the air filter with all wires hanging down, he had to borrow my insulation tape, he did say in the beginning if car not right then dont pay, i took that as a guarantee. i test drove car, marginally better but still not on full power, after repeatedly trying to plug in his laptop told me the lambda sensor was at fault and wanted paid, he then got very aggressive as i was unsure of paying and offered to remove his parts,leaving no connectors on, paid man, rubbish service and product, later had new sensor and blocked the egr off as he mentioned could be that, but car still the same, i think the only true way to fix these cars is properly at great cost, problem with the emulators is if something goes wrong no garage would want to fix because they didnt do it and wouldnt understand it. remap 24 is a polish guy who makes these emulators himself and is very agressive, i did say check car over first to make sure it will be fine, but just went ahead anyway then gave me excuses, best thing to do is flog the car and stay well clear, shame really as they look and drive nice, manufacturers should man up to these problems and why are the sensors so expensive when petrol variants are a tenth of the price???

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - Avant

Once again, if anyone seeing this is thinking of buying a Mazda 6, GO FOR THE PETROL ENGINE. I don't think we've ever had a complaint about a petrol Mazda.

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - unthrottled

...told me lamda sensor was at fault and wanted paid.

Lambda sensor on a diesel?! You wuz robbed! You can't 'deprogramme' the DPF regeneration just by fitting boxes that send false data to the ECU. All that happens is the ECU is receiving false information. DPFs are a pain with this engine, but in general it is easier to live with DPFs than trying to fudge their removal.

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - horv

yes buddy i now know that, best to fix correctly, but what a conman www.remap24.co.uk took my money such poor workmanship, blocks cut off, box wedged in, and says i should take it to his polish friend to fix it, dont think so, one pole allready had some, dont trust em.If you want mazda fixed only true option fix with original parts, costs a bomb, stay well clear from chancers who think they can fix it.

Mazda 6 - 06 plate 2.0 TS - Mazda 6 - DPF help :( - SimonPE

Hi guys, something about my experience with Mazda DPF fault, the dealers, and www.remap24.co.uk. It all started as usual with the flashing light, so I visited the s******- best part of 2000 pounds. I thought it was way too much and bought a new filter on eBay. This was fitted by my local garage. After about 10k miles the dreaded light started flashing again. This time I've done my research, found out about removal, and contacted www.remap24.co.uk as it was one of the first results on Google. After over 20k miles I can say it was a good call, and I can't confirm what horv wrote about this company. The job was done in a matter of three hours, filter removed from the exhaust, and an emulator fitted. Ok, the guy had to cut the loom- meaning a few wires, but everything was connected ok and rather discreet. The car was running ok for a few miles, than engine light came on and I came back- quickly diagnosed as lambda sensor. After I bought a new lambda- no more problems. So all in all I can recommend this way of dealing with the dpf, and remap24 as well. MPG is maybe slightly better, but most of all I don't see the flashing light again, the oil level doesn't rise and there is no smoke.