Peugeot 306 - A small list of problems... - Kizzeh

I own a 96 D turbo (phase 1) 140k miles fully serviced as soon as i brought the car

I have had my car 6 months and now i think its about time i sorted out all those little annoyances. I have looked over many forums but i would like some information on my own car instead of someone else <*** src="http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="Smile" />

My first problem is the intermittent rev counter. The majority of the time it sits at 0 but occasionally (once a month or so) it will flick on when first started and work for a few mins. I Think its a connection problem somewhere, perhaps a sensor? if so where would the sensor be and how much is a new one?

My second problem is the fog lights at the font. Although i just taped them up for the mot it would be nice to have them for the winter months.
When i press the button on the dash it lights up, the fuse is fine and so are the bulbs. I have even borrowed some from another car but it appears there is a loss of power from the fuse to the light. Is this just a case of cable chasing for breaks from the fuse box or would it be something else?

Another problem is with hard braking there is a speed related knocking from the rear of the car. It is NOT the exhaust. The brakes aren't too clever though so would it be possible that the rear brakes are siezed? i cant get the rear drum off to look.

The next two problems i think could be related but the second has only recently started.
When starting the car, it will sound like its hunting a little and will belch out alot of blue smoke. Enough to annoy anyone in the vicinity. After a little while or a quick blip of the throttle it will clear its self and return to the normal loud diesel crack.

when i turn off the engine i can turn off the ignition remove the key and the engine will continue to run for a few seconds. On a short trip the car wont be affected as much. i am thinking prehaps fuel pump not shutting off fuel or something to do with the idle?

And lastly the steering wheel is off center although the tracking is fine. Take the steering wheel off?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Peugeot 306 - A small list of problems... - Kizzeh

sorry wrong place