Used Hyundai i30 - what are the risks? - Collins63

Hi. We're considering a used i30 diesel auto which has done around 32k miles in its 12 month life.

Assuming a full service history (which I'll check!), the car should have nearly 4 years manufacturer's warranty remaining.

1. If the car has been used for load-lugging, for example, could there be any downsides or risks, which we would not be covered for under the remaining warranty?

2. What should we check for when inspecting and test-driving the car?

3. We'll get a history check. Is there anything else we should do to be careful?

Thank you in advance for all responses.

Edited by Collins63 on 06/09/2010 at 18:37

Used Hyundai i30 - what are the risks? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Certain items, like the clutch, are covered by a limited warranty. That's considered fair wear and tear.

Thanks for your response.

Is a clutch easy to damage on an automatic?

Used Hyundai i30 - what are the risks? - Dutchie

Hello Collins63,On a automatic gearbox the clutch plates are soaked in automatic transmission fluid that fluid is inportant and should be checked regulary.So don't worry about the clutchplates, oil level checks should be part of a service.

Thanks again.

So then I wonder two things:

1. Is there anything under wear and tear (that would not be covered by the Hyundai warranty) that could be an expensive problem?

2. The independent dealer who's selling it seems a bit dodgy. If I check all of the paperwork out carefully - and get an HPI check and pay on a credit card, have I covered off all risks?

Thanks again.

Used Hyundai i30 - what are the risks? - Armstrong Sid
The independent dealer who's selling it seems a bit dodgy.

In that case, forget it and go somewhere else. If your instinct is telling you the dealer is a bit awkward. don't bother with them.

Otherwise you will be back here in a few weeks telling us you've bought a lemon and asking how do you get it put right.

Used Hyundai i30 - what are the risks? - Dutchie

Agree with Amstrong if in doubt don't bother plenty of cars out there .