Nissan Cube - Help me choose the right Cube - skankfish215

Okay guys give me some feedback on this, please. I live in Japan so these cars would be import only over there.

I have narrowed my search to two cars, both Cubes.

This is the first one. It has pretty badly stained back seats and a large worn-through patch on the carpet in the back (you can see a bit in the pictures). It also has a scratched rear right mudguard, and someone has attempted to fill in some scratches over the wheel with a similar coloured but lumpy paint.
The upside is that it would be less than 400,000yen (3000 pounds) delivered and has MOT until October next year. MOT is every 2 years in Japan and costs roughly 1500 pounds.
To me the upholstery is very important, and it really fails on that count. It was fine to drive, made healthy noises etc. Tires would need replacing at the end of the MOT period.
Light yellow 2002 Cube

The second is just under 600,000 (4500 pounds) delivered. It's nicer, and has GPS, 20,000 less km on the clock, is 3 years newer and MOT until feb 2012
Dark Orange 2005 Cube

The catch is I'm buying with my woman. She wants the lesser of the two. I said I would pay the extra for the other one, but in the way women do she has explained how my money is actually our money (read: her money), and she needs a damn good reason why we should spend an extra 1,500 pounds.

Can you come up with any?

We're probably going to be driving it for at least a few more years.

Nissan Cube - Help me choose the right Cube - Dutchie

Hello,I had a look at the first picture ,the yellow car i can't open the second picture orange car diagnostic problems.I would buy the orange car listening to to you .If you have the money buy the newer car.Tell her who is boss.:)

Nissan Cube - Help me choose the right Cube - Avant

I agree. There's a strong chance that whoever was so careless with the interior of the yellow peril hasn't looked after the rest of the car, and could have caned it or driven it badly. Tell your other half that the orange one is likely to give less trouble in the long term. It's three years newer too.

Presumably you've checked that it really is cheaper to buy in Japan and import than to buy in the UK (you're coming to the UK are you?). I'm not sure how long the Cube has been imported to the UK, but my instinct is that you might get better value, and a lot less hassle, if you buy something when you get here.

Nissan Cube - Help me choose the right Cube - skankfish215

Thanks, I think she's come around to the idea of the newer one now. Sorry you couldn't see the pages, they are: www.ca***nsor.net/usedcar/detail.php?STID=CS210840&BKKN=CU0006021379 and www.ca***nsor.net/usedcar/detail.php?STID=CS210840&BKKN=CU0005956333

For some reason this site censors the website. It's car sensor (no space) .net

I live in Japan and will do for the foreseeable future, so no need to ship to England.

Edited by skankfish215 on 03/09/2010 at 06:32

Nissan Cube - Help me choose the right Cube - Dutchie

Hello skankfish,i think you are making the right choice buying the newer car.I would.I have never been to Japan.Good luck.