Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - Jeannie Hayes

Hands up anyone who has experienced problems with alarm on Antara going off intermittently day and night. All suggested fixes to date have not worked (including a known problem being "resolved" at local dealers.

Help please

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - piston power

You need the tried and tested method which is to whack it with a hammer.

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - GerryC

Hands up anyone who has experienced problems with alarm on Antara going off intermittently day and night. All suggested fixes to date have not worked (including a known problem being "resolved" at local dealers.

Help please

I've had problems for almost two years since my car was new. It's driving me to despair

Alarm sounding without reason. Worst in hot weather or very cold weather but can happen at any time.Tried removing the fuse to silence it but this wipes the memory of the car's management system so the dealer can't identify the fault

Beeping day and night and even when the car is in motion. This doesn't stop even if the fuse is taken out.

Vauxhall say they are unaware of a generic fault with Antara alarms and advise that the car should be taken to the dealer whilst there is a problem evident !

One dealer claimed to have resolved it 18 months ago but he was wrong.

Another cliaimed not to be able to identify a fault.

Booked in this month for yet another try having listened to the thing for 5 months to ensure computer has enough memory of events. I have recorded alarm and beeping on my mobile phone to prove that I'm not going mad (the car was quiet when I last took it in even though it had beeped all the way there)

At my wits end !!

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - Ian Mac

Thank goodness I am not alone. I have the exact same problems and after several visits to two different dealers, guess what it is still not fixed. This has been going on now for around 6 months. The last dealer told me that there have been a lot of problems with this type of alarm on Vectras also.

The first problem I had was the alarm going off intermittently which appeared to have been resolved by the second dealer replacing an interior sensor. It worked ok for about two months then last weekend it started again and today it is beeping continuously then stops for a while and starts again. It is also beeping when the engine is running.

I have had enough and propose to have it out with Vauxhall.

In the meantime which fuse do you remove to silence the system ?

Ian Mac

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - the_bandit

Have a neighbour who had the same fault.

Source of alarm activating was faulty rear window glass, the one that has the lines in it.

Replaced a no more alarm!

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - Ian Mac

Since my last message on 16th July, I took my Antara to the garage as arranged and explained that despite the vehicle now being out of warranty I would not be paying as this problem had been ongoing for around 6 months. They advised that this was ok and that they were in touch with Vauxhall. They had the car for two days and following the advice of Vauxhall thay replaced the siren of the alarm. Since then it has been OK but time will tell. I had endured 6 months of alarms at all times od day and night just as you have had. Perhaps this is the fix. I will update this information next month.

Ian Mc

Vauxhall Antara - Alarm - bedders57

I HAVE RECENTLY HAD ISSUES WITH THE ALARM ON MY 57 REGISTERED ANTARA CONTACTED VAUXHALL CUSTOMER CARE AS HAD INITIALLY HAPPENED ON TWO OCCASIONS LAST YEAR DURING HOT WEATHER THEN CORRECTED IT SELF AT TIME THE VEHICLE WAS IN WARRANTY, BUT BELEIVING ACTIVATIONS WERE ISOLATED INCIDENTS DECIDED NOT TO TAKE UNDER WARRANTY TO MY LOCAL VAUXHALL DEALER (BIG MISTAKE).

ALARM ACTIVATIONS STARTED AGAIN IN JULY THIS YEAR AND THIS TIME HAS CONTINUED . I CONTACTED VAUXHALL CUSTOMER CARE WHO SAID NEEDED TO BE LOOKED AT BY VAUXHALL DEALERSHIPFOR INSPECTION EVEN THOUGH IT IS CLEAR ITS IS A SENSOR FAULT.

I TOOK IT TO LOCAL VAUXHALL DEALERSHIP AND HAD TO PAY £65 TO TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNEW RECONTACTED VAUXHALL CUSTOMER CARE AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES WITH THE ANTARA ALARM AND ANYTHING ON LINE SAYING THERE ARE JUST STORIES AND THERE WILL BE NO ASSISTANCE TOWARDS THE COST OF ANY REPAIR WHICH HAS BEEN QUOTED AT NEARLY £500.

I HAVE OWNED VAUXHALLS SINCE 1979 ON THE BASIS OF THEIR ATTUTUDE COMPARED TO RENAULT CUSTOMER WITH ISSUES WITH MY WIVES THEN 5 YEAR OLD RENAULT I WILL ON CUSTOMER CARE ALONE NOT BE BUYING ANOTHER VAUXHALL.