Vauxhall Vectra B 1998 unleaded 1.8 ecotec - is car due to go to sc*** heap,misfiring,wont run - magiclee

hi. Had problem with my vectra. i do hope i can get help here, because, so far, garages etc have cost me around £750 and fault still don't work. It was ok, till i took car for a mot. after that, the car would misfire. I could not drive car over 30 miles per hour. the car judders, i would say, impossible to drive. When it was in its juddering stage, i found if i pulled out slightly, one of the ht leads and wiggle, the engine would rev up, then be fine. now, when you wiggle it, it revs up, but still goes straight back to how it was. ok, i had new spark plugs fitted, full set. new coil pack fitted. Air filter changed. compression check done. Was fixed up to Diagnostic machine. no faults. had this mecanic look at it, said he knew the problem. the clutch was going. £300 later, was ok getting it home, then the same. It feels, when you try and drive it, that the engine is just not getting some thing, fuel or some thing. its now sitting on my drive. when brother borrowed a machine to conect car to, it was saying it could not find the car, check the connection. Machine is not faulty as he then joined up to his car and that worked then. Really cant afford any more to throw at the car for fixes that don't fix the car. other half is telling me to sc*** it. but i loved that car, any adivice ( apart from getting rid of wife)

Vauxhall Vectra B 1998 unleaded 1.8 ecotec - is car due to go to sc*** heap,misfiring,wont run - 1litregolfeater

What do you mean by "unleaded"?

Ask your mates if they know any good garages, on no account take it to a main dealer. Little back street place would be the best choice, someone who isn't going to rip you off, ask him to have a look at it while stressing it's an old car and you don't want to actually spend any money.

Could be something or nothing.The way you describe it, sounds more like a nothing.

Nobody on here has stepped in with any advice as you haven't been precise enough about the exact nature of the problem, but I do appreciate this is difficult.

I reckon you'd get more on the bay rather than sc***ping it if it's a goner.