VW Touran - ESP light always on - jcrompto

From what i see on these forums,looks like this is a common problem, I have the esp dash indication on and the esp switch lit up as well. What is my best first course of action?

Edited by jcrompto on 05/07/2010 at 12:15

VW Touran - ESP light always on - Collos25

Is it still under warranty if not you need to find the problem and if VW will not give a payment then you have an expensive bill coming up.But try VW first and press them write to them phone them pester them its a known common fault and they should pay for it.

VW Touran - ESP light always on - SINSPEED

Press the ESP button, does the light go off? If not, then it's most likely the internal brake pressure sensor switch.

Get it scanned by a local auto-electrician / garage with access to diagnostic equipment and see what the fault code / description reveals.

Please don't tout for business. Boris

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 26/10/2010 at 10:31

VW Touran - ESP light always on - jonnymac

how did you get on with VW - i have the same problem with my golf - going to dealer next week to have it diagnosed so will no doubt have a hefty bill

VW Touran - ESP light always on - heebeejeebie

hi

I had this problem last week with my 56 touran. I called VW customer care and raised a case with them as its a known issue. Dealership initially offered 50% of cost but I went back to customer care as we have FSH and get all our work done with our local VW dealer. They just called to say all the work has been done and we don't have to pay anything for the repair. Also its guaranteed for 2 years.

Worth pursuing the goodwill payment if you ask me as plenty of evidence to back up your claim.