Ford Focus - Ford Focus II: couple of issues, help appreciated - marmaladebadger

Hi all, Thanks in advance for any help!

I have had my new 'baby' a Mk2 Ford Focus 2006 Zetec Climate for a week now and have noticed two issues that are annoying me:

1. A rattle from the drivers side door, I know foci suffer with road noise and this is no real issue for me but this rattle is driving me MAD, it feels like it's coming from *in* the door and it stops if you rest your arm on the top of the door. It's worse when going faster and seems to be when going over bumps... any ideas of a fix?

2. When you press the screenwash button on the end of the left hand stalk it wipes the frount windscreen but it *washes* the back one :S wheras when I pull forward on the stick - to wash the rear windscreen, it washes the back one and wipes the frount!Clearly it's confused. I've tried selecting reverse and then doing it - no difference and I've checked I'm right about what it should do in the owners manual and on my wife's foci, so i'm not going mad the car is doing it wrong... Any ideas about this one?

Thanks again, didn't mean to write such a long first post, honest!

Should point that otherwise I would recommend the focus 100% as a family car- great to drive, my wife has an estate and she loves hers also!

Ford Focus - Ford Focus II: couple of issues, help appreciated - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)

Strip the door card off and look for anything loose inside the door. Make sure the window pantograph is securely bolted up.

Its had a new screenwash motor fitted and the front and rear pipes are transposed on the pump under the wheelarch liner on the offside behind the bumper.